Hey Coaches, as we enter our version of March Madness, I wanted to pass along some info as well as some reminders.
Here’s what is included:
1. Charlie Banks Relay Info
2. State Meet Banquet Info
3. Rules Clarification on Pole Length
4. Wax Truce Clarification
5. Spring Coaches meeting
1. Please see the Charlie Banks info
from Rolli Ring-Jarvi regarding the new format (mixed-gender) for this year, and sign up info.
2. If you read the Charlie Banks Info page carefully, it mentions that the State Meet Banquet will be held at Aurora HS…that slipped through my proof reading. The banquet will be at the new Giants Ridge Banquet Center.
Cost of the banquet is $15.00 per person. Its a bit higher than last year, but I am hoping that the added luxury of not having to rush after the coaches meeting, may offset the added cost. The meal will be a Pizza and Pasta Buffet. There will be gluten free options available. Ordering tickets for you and your athletes will be done via email. Please email Lynn Morrow @ firstname.lastname@example.org
, and please copy me @ email@example.com
. In the email, if you would list your school name, Head Coaches name, and total number of tickets purchasing. Please bring your check (made out to Minnesota Nordic Ski Coaches Association) or cash, to the coaches meeting, held at 4:00
at Giants Ridge. You will receive your tickets there.
3. Rich Matter and Bob O’Hara have decided that the MSHSL will not be enforcing FIS’s new classic pole length restrictions this year. There was concern over financial hardships if enforced on short notice. Stay tuned for information regarding next years enforcement.
4. Wax Truce: Here is the simplest way to explain what you can and cannot use as you prep your ski’s for sections and state -- The ONLY banned wax for MSHSL races, is Pure Fluoro POWDERS.
5. I am following the request by many coaches that we try moving our Spring meeting up a bit, so that we are still thinking skiing a bit, and not yet started into our spring sports coaching duties. Although his is not confirmed as of today, I am proposing a spring meeting of Saturday, March 11 in Mora. Tentatively save the date. Hopefully this earlier date will allow our attendance to rise.
Best wishes at your Section races, and I hope to see many of you up at Giants Ridge on Feb. 15.