Home
Trails
Lodging
Gear
Training
Racing
Notices
Links
skinnyski.com
News
--------
Trail Reports
--------
Weather
--------
Ski Trails
--------
Rollerski Trails
--------
Archives

University of Minnesota Golf Course
Falcon Heights, MN
Trail Length: 6K  Maps: |
Groomed: Skating/Classical    Lighted: No Snowmaking: No
Contact: 612-625-8790    Weather: [ NWS ]  
Notes:   The Univ of Minnesota Center for Outdoor Adventure is providing high quality, frequently groomed skiing right in the heart of the metro at the Les Bolstad Golf Course.

Trail Reports:   2016-2017 season  view previous season     File a new report

1 to 5 of 14    Month: Jan | Dec
Thursday, January 12, 2017  posted: 1/12/2017 8:32:07 PM
Firsthand 
[ Trails Open: All, B skis ]
  Grooming underway at 5pm Thursday. I saw groomer making multiple passes to lay corduroy skate deck on all three loops north of Larpenteur. No classic tracks set by time I departed at sundown but groomer was still working. Multiple spots with exposed grass, gravel and ice, mostly from wind having blown bare hilltops before grooming. Some snow drifts already due to strong winds.
(Kermit Pattison)
Thursday, January 12, 2017  posted: 1/12/2017 7:50:39 PM
Firsthand 
[ Trails Open: All, Rock skis ]
  Skated all three trails tonight. Trails are about 75% covered with the other 25% having bare ground or patches of ice. Conditions ranged from soft and somewhat deep to faster and packed. Groomer was out making passes while I was skiing. No classic track set. Looked like he had been out earlier in the day as well. When I left, he was grooming the portion across Larpenteur.
(Caitlin Anderson)
Sunday, December 25, 2016  posted: 12/25/2016 12:43:47 PM
Firsthand 
[ Trails Open: All, Rock skis ]
  We skated with B ski's today and yesterday. Tops of hills and south facing hills had occasional patches of grass showing through which could be avoided easily. Yesterday the deck was firm and fast but yet able to get an edge. Today was hard and icy. I would only recommend skiing if you are very confident on your skis. I slowed down on the downhills to make sure my skis didn't get caught in icy ruts. Being in St. Paul for the holidays I was happy to be able to get a couple skis under the belt. Keeping fingers crossed for more snow.
(Nic Bacigalupo)
Tuesday, December 20, 2016  posted: 12/20/2016 9:53:01 PM
Grooming 
[ Trails Open: All, Good skis ]
  Everything was groomed tonight after the temps dropped. No classic track. Waiting for a part still and with the temps/rain/holiday there likely won't be track set until after Christmas. Skate lane looks pretty good. I did see a fat bike track tonight, please mindfully let any hikers or fatbikers that trails are for skiing only.
(Mitch Hoffman)
Tuesday, December 20, 2016  posted: 12/20/2016 11:25:18 AM
Firsthand 
[ Trails Open: All, B skis ]
  A firm base, but with variable conditions as the 17+ mph winds have swept numerous spots thin, and others drifted. A number of spots have ruts from tree-work vehicles. No classic track set. The tunnel under Larpenteur Ave has a thin base of ice and snow to ski to the trail on the south side, which is softer, and a little more protected from the winds.
(Michael Sweet)

Next Last


About Us | Advertising Information | Privacy Statement
This service provided to you according to our Visitor Agreement
Return to Top
© 2006 skinnyski.com. All Rights Reserved.